ELANCO SPONSORS 'YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD'FOR BEST STUDENT PRESENTATION AT AQUACULTURE UK 2016
Elanco Animal Health is to recognize the best student presentation at this year's conference, with a "Young Scientist Award" and an expenses paid trip to its Prince Edward Island, Canada, dedicated Aquaculture Research & Development (R&D) site.
"Elanco has a rich history of aquaculture innovation and we are proud to extend our research in the field of aquaculture beyond our own internal operations. We believe that encouraging young, talented scientists is pivotal to building the future of our industry" said Carlos Kuada, Global Head of the Aqua Business.
Elanco has a demonstrated commitment to supporting ongoing growth of the industry. "We have significantly invested in our state-of-the-art R&D facilities in Prince Edward Island to stay at the forefront of aquaculture innovation. Our commitment to research and innovation for the aquaculture industry involves active collaboration with a wide industry network that extends from academic institutions to our very own customers." said Kuada.
Whilst in Canada, the student will meet leading Elanco scientists, and have the opportunity to learn about fish vaccines, novel pharmaceutical developments and revolutionary new technologies in fish health.
Elanco is proud to sponsor this Young Scientist Award and we look forward to welcoming the winner to Prince Edward Island to share knowledge and interact with our own scientists.
Aquaculture UK 2016 is organised by 5m.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your application for the award.
Terms and conditions of entry are as follows:
- The closing date for student applications is 1st April 2016.
- Entrants must be currently attending or have attended in the past 12 months an educational institute in the UK and be studying for a degree, or conducting university approved research, in aquaculture or a subject involving aquaculture.
- The presentation must be the presenter's own and original work or work the presenter is leading.
- In the case of certified illness of the presenter a nominated substitute presenter will be allowed.
- The presentation must be no longer than 30 minutes.
- A precis/summary of the presentation of no more than 200 words should be submitted to the organisers with the applicant's full name, address and contact details before April 1st 2016.
- The selection of those chosen to present will be conducted by the organisers and Elanco whose decision will be final.
- The selected presenters will be informed by 22nd April 2016.
- The selected applicants will be provided with 1 night's accommodation at the Macdonald Highland Resort or nearby in Aviemore. This will be booked and paid for by the organisers.
- The selected applicants should make and pay for their own travel arrangements to Aviemore.
- The winner will be announced at the Gala Dinner on the evening of 25th May 2016.
- All entrants selected to present will be invited to the dinner.
- Judging will be by a panel comprising the conference Chairman, a judge with academic background from a Scottish University and a judge with commercial background. The judges' decision will be final.
- The prize will consist of an expense paid trip to Prince Edward Island, Canada to visit their dedicated Aquaculture Research Site in the summer of 2016 on dates stipulated by Elanco.
- The prize only covers travel to Prince Edward Island which originates and ends in the United Kingdom.
- There will be no cash alternative offered.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes in relation to these terms and conditions or the contest to which they relate shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- The Promoter is Elanco, a division of Eli Lilly and Company Limited.